Cryptography is used in all facets of information technology. When accessing web based email such as Gmail or Hotmail, messages are encrypted every time the browser is refreshed. Encryption is used for creating Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnels when employees require access from remote locations. Cryptography is one of the primary technologies used to protect the confidentiality of data.
- Wikipedia (2017 September 13) “MAC address” retrieved from <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address> on 19 September 2017
- Wikipedia (2017 September 9), "IEEE 802.1X" retrieved from <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.1X> on 19 September 2017
- Mathkour, H., Assassa, G., Al-Muharib, A., Juma'h, A. (2009) "A Secured Cryptographic Messaging System" retrieved from <http://www.icmlc.org/icmlc2009/063_icmlc2009.pdf> 15 September 2017
- Slade, H., (2014, May 19), "The Only Email System the NSA Can't Access" retrieved from <https://www.forbes.com/sites/hollieslade/2014/05/19/the-only-email-system-the-nsa-cant-access/#4bf5ee2c67f7> on 15 September 2017
- Olenski, J. (2016, July 7), GlobalSign Blog "SSL vs. TLS - What's the Difference?" retrieved from <https://www.globalsign.com/en/blog/ssl-vs-tls-difference/> on 15 September 2017
- "The differences between this protocol and SSL 3.0 are not dramatic, but they are significant enough that TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 do not interoperate.”
- Signorello, M. (2016, November 7), "Is TLS email encryption good enough?" retrieved from <https://www.datamotion.com/2016/11/is-tls-email-encryption-good-enough/> on 15 September 2017
- Scarfone, K (Unknown), "How to procure email encryption software" retrieved from <http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/feature/How-to-procure-email-encryption-software> on 15 September 2017
- Ferguson, Niels, et al. Cryptography engineering: design principles and practical applications. Indianapolis, J. Wiley & Sons, 2010.
- Dublin, J. (n.d.) "How Kerberos, PKI, and IPsec interoperate" retrieved from <http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/answer/How-Kerberos-PKI-and-IPsec-interoperate> on 16 September 2017
- Tutorials Point: Simply Easy Learning (n.d.) 'Message Authentication" retrieved from <https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cryptography/message_authentication.htm> on 16 September 2017
- Microsoft TechNet Library (2007, November 30) "Kerberos Key Distribution Center" <https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734104(v=ws.10).aspx> retrieved on 27 September 2017